Sunday, November 12, 2006

Vintage Platform Shoes

Check these out.
The first thing I thought when I saw these was disco! But I may be way off.
Carol of Dandelion Vintage says they may be from the 1940's. Which would make me even more proud. The older the better.
They're quite beautiful, the detailed little beads are so gorgeous.
These platforms must have got some good use back in the day, but are still in great condition.
So Im thinking of selling them. Unfortunately I have no clue what size they are. I'm thinking they're about a size 6?
Does anyone know how to figure out shoe size? I have no clue. The label probably got worn off decades ago.

4 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow, what a total score!

Dandelion Vintage said...

Disco? Are you sure? They are looking more like 1940s platforms to me. Is there a maker's name in them?
How long are they on the inside?

miss vintage love said...

Really? Do you think they're 1940s? You could be right, Im just guessing because of the wild colors. All the writing on the inside has been worn off:(
They are 9.8 inches long from the inside heel to toe.

Dandelion Vintage said...

Hi, What's the bottom of the shoes made of? Also what type of fabric is on the inside of the shoes? They really look more 1940s to me, 70s had kind of straighter heels.


Carol