Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vintage Starlet of the Day

Miss Barbara Stanwyck. Has anyone else seen "Baby Face"? I just watched it for the first time, and its definitely one of my favorite movies from the 1930's. It's one of the more racy films that was made before the Hays Code was put into effect in 1934. The Hays Code dictated what could and couldn't be shown on film, and pretty much censored everything. After the code, "Baby Face" was completely changed, scenes were taken out & I think they even gave it a different ending.
Anyhow, the original is back, and Barbara is incredible as Lily Powers, a woman who sleeps her way to the top. I love the fact that Barbara has a completely different look and style in every movie I've seen her in.

1 comment:

Frasier said...

She looks beautiful.I think I am in love with that era !