Thursday, August 04, 2011

1960's Fashion on Film - The Courtship of Eddie's Father




Everytime I watch this movie, I think, these are the clothes I would wear if it was the 60's now. All three ladies have a great sense of fashion, kind of a sophisticated practical glamour. It's no surprise Helen Rose was the fabulous costume designer for this film. I posted my favorite outfit each of the leading ladies wears in the movie. I love Stella Stevens style in the bowling scene. She looks cuter than ever, but also sexy in a tight white sweater and an orange curve hugging skirt. Then there's Dina Merrill in an elegant 1960's coat with a fur collar, matching hat and gloves of course. Finally we have Shirley Jones in an absolutely gorgeous green 1960's dress. Actually I added one extra pic of Shirley in a cute yellow brocade dress, but this photo was really added because I love the fake fruit stand to the left of her! Where can I get one of those?

No comments: