Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Kim Novak






Kim was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1933. She started off as a fashion model, and was actually the spokesmodel for a fridge company called "Miss Deepfreeze". I thought that was cute. She then moved to Los Angeles where she got her start in film. Kim won a golden globe for her performance in "Picnic" in 1955, and in 1958 starred in her most famous role: Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo". Kim is not only an actress, she's also an artist. She paints, sculpts, writes poetry, and practices photography :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Vertigo is one of my favorite movies! Love Kim and Jimmy together.

Patti said...

My favorite Kim Novak film is "Middle of the Night", a May-December romance in which she stars with Fredric March. It's a beautiful movie which I count in my top 10 movies of all-time.

Oh, and as for "Picnic," may I just say that since I adore William Holden, I would love to have had Kim's part in that movie. The dance scene the two of them shared was SO romantic...even sensual. And Kim's dresses in that movie were beyond gorgeous!